You can see that Philip gave me some really beautiful lilies (He is really good at arranging flowers!) and I gave him a card with some candy. We were still in our PJs so weren't up to being in the photo. After breakfast we went to several furniture stores to look at dining room and baby furniture. We (mostly Philip) research everything for a long time before we buy...this was our third trip like this and I am sure there will be more before we buy anything.
The best part of the day was our dinner. We splurged on a special Valentine's Menu 5 course dinner at Lonesome Dove Bistro in the Fort Worth Stockyards. Most of you know that I am a little obsessed with Food Network on TV. Well, the chef/owner Tim Love was on Iron Chef America last year and won!! We had also both heard that the food was excellent. It was worth every penny! Our food was fantastic! The tapas, soup and salad were all very tasty and original. Our main courses were perfect. I had stuffed beef tenderloin (best I've ever had!) and Philip had Sea Bream (flaky and delicious!) and then the desert was ancho chile chocolate cake and Mexican wedding cookies and they were also amazing. If you want to more about the meal I can tell you in detail, but I won't go on and on here. However I will recommend that you all make reservations for a special occasion and visit this restaurant! Another treat was that Chef Love happened to spend a lot of the night standing about 15 feet from our table watching the plates as they went out of the kitchen. I thought it was neat to see a celebrity Chef. Here we are before we left home for dinner. Thanks for the pretty maternity dress Momma!
3 comments:
my blog isn't private anymore. you should be able to add it now! :)
Sounds so amazing!!!! And that dress is ADORABLE!
so happy for you guys... enjoy all the rest and time between the two of you... you won't miss it, but things will be wonderfully different!
Post a Comment