Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spoiled!

These past 4 days I have been spoiled! Philip had to be out of town for work, so after work Friday night I headed over to my parents house (Thanks Allen for watching Levi while I worked and dropping him off with my Mom!) and the spoiling began. Saturday I spent most of the day having a yummy lunch and then getting my toes and nails done with my best girl friends since elementary school; Amy, Deanna and Nikki. They treated me to such a fun, relaxing and nice girls day (with no Momma duties!!!) and I LOVED every minute of it! Thank you so much girls!!!

Here are the 4 of us (yeah for Dee being in town now!!!)
Nikki, Amy, Deanna and I after our pampering!

Saturday evening the girl day continued with a very girly birthday party for my adorable and special little niece Nora who was turning 3! She had a pink, flower themed party complete with cute flower cupcakes, a flower pot painting/planting project and lots of very girly gifts :) It was a really great 3 year old party and all the kids had a blast (including Levi) and especially the birthday girl which is most important! Good job Kate! I sure do love that girl and her whole family. What a treat to spend the evening in perfect weather with my family!


I stayed with my Mom and Dad for 4 days and it was SOOO nice. They helped me out with Levi VERY much and I was able to get some needed rest and relaxation that I would have had no chance for if I would have stayed home alone, since Philip was out of town. They played and played with Levi...fed us yummy food and I even got to sleep in some! I really needed a break and it was so nice. It was also just a treat to spend some real quality time with my Mom, Dad and Gran. Gran lives with my parents, so it was fun to see her everyday, especially with her surgery coming up on the 26th and the possible risks involved with that. My Dad is also out of town ALL the time with his new job, so it was also special to see him so much! And of course, as much as I love my Momma it was so sweet and refreshing to spend some quality time with her talking and enjoying my little man. Thank you all so so so very much!!!

Moe and Pop spoiled me by spending a lot of quality time with Levi, which he of course LOVED!
Levi enjoyed many snacks with Gran while we stayed in Plano :)

I also hit the 36 week mark in my pregnancy and will be considered "full term" in just a few days! WOW! This pregnancy really has felt shorter and I am excited/nervous about Joel's arrival and the adjustment to becoming a family of four.

Here I am 36 weeks along (white shirt - Levi and purple shirt- Joel) I think I am just as far out front with both boys, but bigger and rounder with Joel...will be interesting to see what baby brother weighs!

6 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

What a fun post! I forgot to ask you about your girls' day on Saturday. Glad you had fun with your friends! And I'm glad you were able to get in a little R&R while Moe and Pop helped you with Levi! You deserved a little break! Love you and can't wait for precious Joel to be here!

Joel and Sara said...

Isn't it nice to stay with the parents?! For the most part, that is how it is when I come home to Texas:) 36 Weeks? Really?!

Christine said...

so exciting! looking good mama!

Ali Schmid said...

You look awesome!! So glad you were able to relax -- grandparents are the BEST!! Praying for you and sweet Joel!

Collin and Marisa said...

I'm so glad you got to spend time with family. You look stunning!! This pregnancy has seemed to have gone by fast.

Amanda and Brian said...

What a nice weekend. So nice to get a break!