Monday, October 24, 2011

Joel's First Solids

Joel will be 6 months old in less than 2 weeks (gasp!) so we decided to start him on a little of his first solids in case there were any issues with feeding that I would want to discuss with his doctor at his 6 month appointment next week. He did a great job getting the oatmeal down, but really seemed like he could take it or leave it. It was pretty anticlimactic. He didn't fuss and he didn't seem all that happy about it either. We were only able to manage one little grin, and for our super big mouthed grinning boy that wasn't much.


not too sure about the first bite

a little smile, must not be too bad

big brother had to sneak in a few extra bites while Momma was cleaning up
Levi and Joel are growing closer by the day and love each other so much. Joel just lights up when Levi gives him attention and smiles, coos and laughs at him. Levi always needs to know where Joel is and while Joel is napping he often says "Momma, can I play with Joel?"  Here are a few cute pics of the two of them playing with Levi's train. I love listening to Levi talk to Joel and try to teach him things. Joel is also getting REALLY close to crawling and whenever he is up on all fours rocking Levi will come over to him and say "you can do it Joel" and then get down on his hands and knees and say "look Joel I crawl, you do it." Oh how I love my sweet brothers :).


2 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

Love Joel's cute little smile and messy face in that second pic. Hopefully he'll grow to love solid foods! He may enjoy fruits and veggies more than that yucky cereal ;)
It's so sweet how much your boys love each other! I think one of the very best thing about having two kids is watching their sibling relationship develop. Your boys both have a built-in best bud for life!

Collin and Marisa said...

So sweet! I can't believe Joel is almost 6 months! I love how close he and Levi are. Babies' first bites of solid food are the best.