Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This year for Mother's Day was a very good one. I started off the morning with very sweet gifts and beautiful flowers from my boys. Philip took Levi and Joel shopping  Saturday while I was at work and they picked out some jewlery as well as green roses with pink and white mums. After a quick breakfast we went to early service together and Levi snuggled with me the whole time (because he had a crick in his neck when he woke up, but I'll pretend he was just feeling loving)!

Next, we spent the day with my whole family! It was so fun to have everyone together one last time before Molly and Ryan had to head home to New York. All the men made us a delicious fish fry lunch and we spent the day chatting while the kids ran wild through my parents back yard. My Gran's health has taken a down turn and she is suffering from heart failure, kidney failure and lung cancer. She is weak, short of breath and very easily fatigued. It is hard to see her feeling so crummy. Knowing this was likely our last Mother's Day to celebrate with Gran made the time with her extra special. I made sure to catch a few extra pictures with her. She has been so important in my life, and I love her very much! I would not be the woman and mom I am today if she and my mother were not in my life. They have both been such strong examples of the Christian wife, mother, sister and friend that I strive to become. I am one blessed girl!

Great Gran with all her "Knochel" great grand children

Gran, Mom and I (I'm wearing the necklace Levi and Joel picked for me)

No comments: