Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sea World!

We recently took a short family vacation to San Antonio to take the boys to Sea World. Philip is ever the deal finder, and the trip ended up being very affordable thanks to some hotel deals, discount passes for us and free passes for the boys to the park. Levi and Joel are both animal lovers, so Sea World was a perfect fit for our little guys, and we had so much fun watching the shows, riding the rides and taking in the exhibits. We all have passes that last until the end of 2014, so we may make another trip once the weather cools down in the fall. In addition to visiting Sea World for two days, we also went to the river walk one night, ate on the river and took a river boat tour. The boys also had a blast swimming in the hotel pool! It was a great trip, and I'm so glad we were able to spend some quality time together before adding another little one to the family (and before I get to huge and uncomfortable). We got a lot of great pictures, and I know I will enjoy looking at them for years to come!







Levi refused to meet the Sesame Street Characters...
But Joel was THRILLED to meet Elmo :)
Watching the Shamu show, the boys favorite show of day #1


adorable baby and momma beluga whales


feeding the sea lions



the shark/coral life aquarium was also a huge hit...if the pictures didn't give that away
 
 Levi and Philip went to ride the "big boy" rides while Joel had a blast cooling off at the splash pad :)


"Azul" was everyone's favorite show. Joel loved the dolphins and Levi loved the "green guys" (trick divers)

 While Philip and Levi did a few more rides, Joel and I took one more ride on the carrosel...he was thrilled!

We let the boys each choose a souvenir toy, Joel chose a Shamu bubble gun and Levi chose a "diver pretend set" They have already had lot of action and have lead to lots of fun and laughter!




Neither Philip, nor I had been to Sea World in a very long time. It was so fun to take the boys and see the park through their eyes. They helped us to feel the magic and awe at God's amazing creatures and the joy in the thrills of rides, toys and seeing animal tricks. I'm sure it's a trip Philip and I will remember fondly for years to come!

2 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

Sounds like y'all had a great trip! I love all the pics! My favorite shot is the one of the boys posing in front of the arches :) Too cute!

Collin and Marisa said...

What a fun looking trip! We're hoping to go sometimes soon. That's great Philip was able to find such great deals!