Thursday, July 30, 2015

Levi is SIX!

It's hard for me to wrap my brain around it, but my first born baby boy is 6 whole years old! In just a few weeks he will start first grade and it all just seems too grown up! I'm so proud of the smart, competitive, funny, sweet, and sensitive little guy he is becoming and I hope and pray that Philip and I (with God's help!) can guide him to be the best he can be and to use his gifts in positive ways. He loves to be outdoors; dig in the dirt, hunt for "treasures", ride bikes or scooters, swim, go on walks, play on the play set, help in the garden and more. On the other hand he can be a couch potato and loves to watch his shows, or play games on our phones. Lately his interest in reading has really taken off and he is thrilled when we go to the library and pick out books. He will read to me, but also loves to snuggle up and have me read him book after book.

He has a nurturing side and watching him embrace the roll as big brother since Nathan arrived has been fun. Levi adores his baby brother and relishes in Nate's attention! He also enjoys helping take care of Nathan in any way he can. He particularly enjoys feeding him and carrying him. Levi also loves Joel, but he isn't always as good at showing his affections to his middle brother. We are currently working with both older boys on using kind words with each other and speak first before using force to express ourselves. Even though they can be rough and harsh with each other Levi and Joel are very close and want to be together all the time. Watching them learn to play together more and more as they grow older has been so sweet!




 
Levi's six year check up at the doctor went well and he continues to bless us with great growth and development. He had a long chat with Dr. D about the game angry birds (which was the theme of his upcoming birthday party). Both his vision and hearing screens went well despite a double ear infection and a lot of fluid behind his ear drums. When it was time to leave Levi was thrilled to learn that he won't have to get any shots "until he is a teenager." These days he talks about "when he is a teenager" constantly. I hope those years are all he dreams they will be :)

New Stats:
weight - 45 lbs (50%)
height - 46.5 inches (65%)
shoe size - 13
clothes - 6 or boys small (sometimes needs a 7 slim for length)




 
An Interview with the birthday boy:
favorites:
food- apples
meal- salami and cheese sandwiches
toy- legos
activity- making clay/play dough sculptures and swimming
sport - soccer and triathlons
color- red
place to go- Pop and Moe's house
restaurant- Sonic
tv show- ninjago
movie- Ice Age (all of them) and Despicable Me (1,2 & Minions)
book- Dr. Seuss (Green Eggs and Ham is best), Pete the Cat and Fly Guy
song- "Football Game Bible Class Song"
game- phone games (angry birds or lego games) or chutes and ladders
thing to do with daddy- swim
thing to do with momma- swim
thing to do with Joel- play tag
thing to do with Nathan- feed him yogurt and getting him out of his bed
best friend- Eli
future career- artist, lumber jack and paleontologist




 

Lately, Levi is feeling very grown up and thrives when given opportunity to show some responsibility. We have been trying to find more tasks for him, and as of now his daily jobs include; feeding Penny, making his bed, putting his plate in the sink and silverware in the dishwasher after meals, picking up his toys, putting his dirty clothes in the hamper and the newest addition, showering by himself. All of these things fill him with pride and I think he really enjoys being a big boy and helping around the house. He also loves to vacuum and sweep, so occasionally I'll let him help with those chores, although I have to come behind him and catch what he missed :). As always he is a very independent guy and loves to do things himself whenever possible. He dresses himself most days as soon as he wakes up and lately the theme is monochromatic and sleeveless whenever possible. (such as his lovely outfit for his 6 year snap shots) This is NOT what I would choose for him to wear, but he loves it, and I've decided it's not worth a fight. I still choose his clothes or help him choose on special occasions and for church.


This past year Levi grew and learned so much! I am so proud of how well he is reading, and learning math. Levi likes to know facts and to share that knowledge with who ever might be listening. (I'm pretty sure his mom was a bit of a know it all at his age too). He has such a strong desire to improve and do better in all he does, and I hope we can cultivate that desire and help him become a persistent, hard working and determined young man. I can see great things in his future! He loved kindergarten, and I can't wait to see what all he learns in first grade and all the activities to come this year!




+

1 comment:

Dustin & Kate said...

Levi is such a smart, sensitive, and special little man! It really is hard to believe he is already six! Great post :)