Well, there are some animals that can be hunted year round, but let's not think about that.
Philip and the boys had a lot of fun this year, even though we didn't end up with any venison. With the amount of ducks they shot we will have a freezer full of yummy duck sausage, and Philip also made some delicious Italian hog sausage. I have to admit, hunting season was a bit exhausting for me. Having Philip gone several weekends is hard with four kids, makes me appreciate how helpful he is and gives me some empathy for single parents! This was Levi's first year to have a hunting license, so Philip really tried hard to get him a shot at a pig or deer. It didn't happen this year, but they have high hopes for next season. Even though this season was tough on me, I look forward to years in the future when Philip can take all 3 boys with him and Rachel and I can have a girls weekend.





No comments:
Post a Comment