Sunday, August 2, 2009

Adventures in Diapering!

Well, as Philip has observed, Levi is already behaving very much like a boy :) He is very strong...even the pediatrician said so! And he is hairy (which I'm sure you all noticed) and he likes to make potty jokes (ok...he doesn't actually make them, but he sure is funny when it comes to his timing!)

Let me start by saying that Levi's three cousins closest in age are all girls and I have not spent any time changing a little boys diaper since Kadin (his oldest cousin) was a baby and he is about to be 5. I have been changing Kynlee, Kamryn and Nora's diapers and I am pretty quick at changing a little girls diaper...but certainly rusty on the little boys.

I am slowly learning that peeing with the diaper on is no fun! Levi would much rather go while he is free, such as bath time and while naked :) One of the very first things he did at delivery was pee (we actually have a picture...but its a little oogie so I will spare you all) then while in the hospital he peed on all 3 postpartum nurses and on his face twice. Once home then fun didn't stop...at our first visit to the pediatrician he tried his best to poop on the medical assistant while she weighed him and took his temp (what would you do if they stuck something in your rear!), she had to actually jump out of the way! Then later than day I was changing him on our bed...not smart I know...and he peed all over his face and hair (actually soaking his hair) and also on our quilt (yeesh!). I had to wash his hair in the sink. Those are the most memorable diapering episodes I can think of now and there are many more and I am sure will be many more. Those of you who are mother's of boys are probably laughing at me and thinking about how much worse it gets, but I'm glad that at least for now it makes me laugh!

I am learning everyday about being a mom and loving it. It is the hardest thing I have ever done and I am so tired, but I love it at the same time. I can't wait to see all the fun memories Levi, Philip and I will make together! Here are some parting shots from Levi's second week of life thus far :)
Dad loves to give Levi fun hair styles :)

Levi and Moe...she took WONDERFUL care of us our first week home

I love this onsie!

sweet awake time after a bath

7 comments:

Christine said...

he looks wonderful and you and Philip are gonna master pee time, or at least give any of us who have boys some good advice. :)

Celice said...

It sounds like he already has a great sense of humor! I love all that dark hair!

Molly said...

what a beautiful baby boy!!! (of course! he has great genes!) i think he favors tater tot, but time will tell... that pic of levi and mom (or should i say moe?) is great of both of them! love you tons!

Rob and Amy said...

HE IS GORGEOUS!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!!!!

Dustin & Kate said...

Ha ha! Maybe we should nickname Levi "Squirt." :)
Those are all great pics! I love the one of Levi and Mom.
See you Tuesday!!

Taylor said...

I think I have a problem with illiteracy. I read the title of your post as "Adventures in Disappearing!" and got quite concerned. I mean, a 2-week-old shouldn't be disappearing...

Peeing stories are funnier. :)

Anonymous said...

He is such a beautiful little boy!!! I am glad you guys are adjusting well to the parent thing. As for the peeing stories, they are funny and for that reason I kept a box of kleenex on the changing table to cover "it" when I changed his diaper!! It made diaper time much drier.

Lannett