Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blessings!

This past weekend was full of blessings! Philip's mom was in town from Florida so Levi got to meet his Grandma for the first time. She even watched him while we went out to a yummy dinner at The Vault in downtown to finally celebrate our anniversary. On Sunday Levi had his baby blessing at church and it was so special to have all 4 of his grandparents and his Aunt Kate, Uncle Dustin and cousin Nora there. It was such a special moment for our little family and I hope every word of Gordon's prayer comes true. Levi is getting more and more vocal and expressive and has really started smiling too! I love being his momma and the smiles are such a great blessing and reward!

On labor day Philip ran in a triathlon in Plano so we stopped by to see my parents after wards and Levi had his first dip in the pool. It was a little cold from the cooler weather and rain so he didn't last long, but it was fun any way. I'm going to brag on Philip a little...he did wonderful at his triathlon (3oom swim, 15 mile bike and 3 mile run)...over 500 people competed and he placed 7th in his age group (25-29) and placed 5th in the clydesdale (200+lbs weight group - all ages). He completed the race in 1 hour 20 minutes. He is running another next weekend that will be an olympic distance (his first of this length) and is really looking forward to it! We are also excited because our good friends the Fellers are coming in town and Jason will be running too while Kameron, Mollie, Levi and I cheer them on! It will be fun!! Well, I again leave you with some pictures!

Grandma and Levi rocking
Levi's blessing at church
The whole family after church :my parents, our family, Dustin Nora & Kate, and Philip's parents
Philip and Levi in the pool
sweet time with Great Gran
working on a big grin
big goober smile!!

3 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

You guys have had lots of blessings lately for sure! We were so glad to be able to be there on Sunday. Sorry we had to run off so fast afterwards! I LOVE the pics of Levi smiling. That is one precious grin! Let's try to get together next week after I get back from Lubbock. Tell the Fellers hello for me!

Jenn said...

He is SO adorable! So glad you're doing well. You look great!

Molly said...

Wish I could've been there for the blessing! Miss you guys!!
LOVE molly