This weekend one of my best friends since kindergarten, Amy got married! I was lucky enough to be involved in all the weekend festivities and everything went so smoothly and I had a lot of fun! I think that it was one of the calmest, smoothly flowing wedding weekends I have ever been involved in...what could I expect, Amy has always been the ultimate planner :)
To top it all of many of my other friends from school were in town and involved in the weekend as well! Philip and I were so happy to host my dear, dear friend Jenae who flew in all the way from Utah for the wedding. It was so nice to have her at the house all weekend and just spend time relaxing between wedding events and catching up. Levi loved her as well! It is always a little bittersweet when Jenae and I get to spend time together because we just love each other and have so much in common and I know I would really love having her close by!
On Friday we all went to the rehearsal dinner (which was wonderful!) and had so much fun catching up with a bunch of the other elementary/middle/high school friends! Here are all of us that have been friends since High school: Amy, Jenae, Me, Philip, Peggy, Nikki, Deanna and Matt. Nikki, Jenae, Amy and I have been buddies since Kindergarten (yes, that's 22 years!) and Deanna joined our wonderful little gang in the 5th grade! I'm so blessed to have such special long term friends!
The wedding was Saturday evening and it was BEAUTIFUL! The church was picture perfect, the wedding party was lovely, the flowers were like nature...but so much better, and of course the bride was stunning. The reception was really fun and had the feel of being in a pristine garden with fountains and candles and flowers and paper lanterns everywhere. So pretty! The food and cake were delicious and there were so many neat personal touches.
Amy, thank you so much for including me in you wedding! It was perfect! I hope you are having a wonderful honeymoon! Can't wait to see you when you get home! Jimmy, you are a lucky guy, and I know you will take great care of Amy...she's lucky too :)
1 comment:
I had so much fun! I also agree that we were very lucky to have such an amazing group of friends for so many years. I don't have a single talent show memory that doesn't involve you doing gymnastics and the other girls dancing (and me doing the running man for an entire song!). I love and miss everyone!! Thanks for letting me stay at your house and driving me around. I also LOVED meeting Levi- he is such a fun little boy who is always smiling.
Post a Comment