Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ahhhh Spring!!!

I LOVE this time of year! Having two busy boys makes it all that much better. Both my guys are much happier and easier to care for when outdoors, so I am trying to soak up all this lovely weather and spend as much time outside as possible. One of the reasons I am in heaven with this warm (not hot) weather; my yard is FULL of flowers! Philip does an awesome job keeping our yard beautiful and I love watching all the plants grow, send out buds and bloom. The pond looks extra nice with its near fake water lily blossoms, the north fence and garden gate are both covered with deep red climbing roses, the gerber daisy plants are going crazy by the mail box and that's just a few of the beauties I get to enjoy!





As I mentioned Levi and Joel LOVE to be outdoors. They usually play so well together on the back deck and Joel is so content to walk (tin man style) all over the back yard (unless I have to be mean and move him away from something he shouldn't get into...hahaha). Levi is having a blast feeding the fish each day and investigating the yard. He is a little obsessed with finding worms, bugs and butterflies (NO idea where that interest could have come from).




I also love that we get to plan and plant our garden this time of year. I really enjoy watching the plants grow and am always amazed that God provided us with delicious food that just grows out of the ground. This year we have lots of herbs and of course peppers and tomatoes. Can't wait to start harvesting in a couple months! I am hoping for a good year because I actually have the ability to care for it this year with out a newborn to keep out of the heat. Levi has been helping me pull out the weeds and likes to check on the garden every morning. I see lots of salads and canning in my future ;)


No comments: