Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Big Boys and a New Routine

These last two weeks my boys have just seemed so grown up! Levi walks into school with his back pack as if he has done it all his life and has seemed more eager to "help" while he is at home. He seems to think he can do everything himself and wants to help me with whatever task I am working on. Yesterday at school he made me a lovely fruit loop necklace and he asked me to my "pretty new necklace" again this morning. He is really becoming a "big boy!"

 

 
 
 With Levi in preschool twice a week I have more one on one time with Joel than ever before. This has allowed me to notice all the cute and grown up things he is doing...

he gives his dinosaurs a drink

he insists on eating his bananas big

he pretends to talk on the phone

and it's usually Daddy he is calling

he reads books with his big brother

he is especially fond of his Boynton books
 

I have been wondering why I thought I was so busy when I was Momma to only Levi. My time with just Joel is so much simpler and I can get a lot more done! Our time together has been sweet to say the least :)

Levi has, in general, been more appreciative of his baby brother now that he has some time away from him. He is including him in his play and asking him to come with him to do things, grabbing his hand and showing him new things and talking to him all day long. I love watching their friendship grow, change and develop!

Our mail man is very sweet and calls the boys by name. He brings larger mail to my door and knocks very quietly in case the boys are asleep. If we happen to be home and awake when he comes Levi always runs out the door to get the mail. A few days ago Levi saw him coming, ran to get Joel and made sure he got to come get the mail too. Then this afternoon we were outside enjoying the cooler weather and a snack of cantaloupe and Levi sat down at his little table. It melted my heart to hear him sweetly say, "Joel come over here and sit with me," and then to watch Joel immediately toddle over and sit down right next to his big brother. So so cute! I hope they love each other more and more as time goes on!



 This morning we headed over to Moe and Pops house for some swimming and fun with the fam. Nora, Asher and Aunt Kate were there too and we had a nice time playing at the park, swimming in the pool and eating a yummy lunch. I love that the boys have cousins close to their age that they enjoy playing with. I grew up with some of my best friends being my cousins and I have such precious memories from times spent with them. I know these four will get into all kinds of trouble and have tons of fun through the years!



 Fall is off to a great start and I can't wait to spend more time in the out doors playing and getting messy with my boys. Every day I thank God for blessing me with the chance to be their mom!

2 comments:

Collin and Marisa said...

I'm so glad Levi is enjoying pre-K and you have some time alone with Joel. What precious pictures and memories you are making. It's a true blessing to have cousins close to your kids age. I'm jealous! :)

Dustin & Kate said...

Cute, cute, cute, CUTE!