Tuesday, September 18, 2012

He Really Likes Me!

I have been feeling a little bleh lately. Maybe it is because I am about to be 30. Maybe it is because I sometimes feel like I am treading water every day (the never ending cycle of laundry, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, bathing, cleaning, feeding, cleaning, diapers, cleaning, playing, cleaning...I could go on and on). Maybe it is because Levi is loving preschool so so much and is so happy to leave me every day and talks about how much fun school is and how much he loves his teacher all the time. Maybe it is because I feel like I could be doing a better job at all my important jobs; Christian, wife, mother, house keeper, nurse, daughter, sister, friend...Philip tells me that he thinks I am doing a great job, and my feeling this way means I am growing and trying to improve which is a good thing. That's sweet of him, but it doesn't solve my problem.

All this is not to say that I am unhappy. Most of the time I am very happy and feel overwhelmingly blessed by my sons, husband, home, family and friends etc. God has given me much more than I deserve. However, I've been having these thoughts a little more often lately. Well, today Levi just made my day. When I picked him up from school he ran up to me gave me a big hug and said I made this for you.


His teacher explained that they all had some time to create texture rubbings and when Levi finished his he insisted that he wanted to "put it in an envelope for his Momma and give it to her." She was sweet enough to oblige and he presented me with the envelope very enthusiastically. It is now proudly hanging on the fridge. It made me feel so good to know that he was thinking of me while he was at school. Levi has a gift. He seems to always know when I need a little reassurance and will do or say something that just makes everything alright.

Sorry for being so sappy. I just want to remember this when he is 17 :).

5 comments:

Melissa Chase said...

You are an awesome mom! I have those same feelings...A LOT! You are way too hard on yourself! Every time I feel like I need advice, you are always on the list of moms I feel like I need to talk to. I'm so glad Levi made your day today!

Amanda and Brian said...

What a sweet boy you have! I totally hear you on all those thoughts. I get into rough spots where I just feel like I am not doing anything right. (I may have even put my head in the fridge last week and cried so my kids couldnt see me. ha!) And I loved how you added "cleaning" in over and over. Totally feel like that is all I do sometimes! You are doing great, and don't ever let yourself feel otherwise.

Dustin & Kate said...

First of all, you are an AWESOME mother. And an awesome wife, friend, sister, daughter, etc. But I totally know how you feel! And I appreciate your willingness to share so honestly and openly. I actually had a really rough day today filled with lots of tears and self-doubt. But I too had a couple of sweet moments with my kids that made me feel a little better. I love that God used little Levi to help cheer his momma up! Levi is a special little soul. Love him and you so much! xoxo

Jenae said...

Joyce!! I whole heartily agree with what everyone else said... you are AMAZING!! As moms (and women too) we can get so down on ourselves because we don't feel we "measure up." I think it is awesome of you to share your feelings because a lot of us look up to you and all your awesomeness and if you have the same feelings as me then maybe I'm not so crazy =) And we have been blessed with such an important job of raising children that it really shouldn't matter how clean our house, clothes, car, etc are because we have our sweet angels (mine are pink and yours are blue).

Marisa said...

You are such a great mom, friend, wife, nurse, and everything in between! I totally relate to what you're saying, though. Motherhood is a tough job. Your boys are so sweet. I love that picture Levi made for you! That goes to show how much he loves you!