Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tour de Florida: Part Two

After 5 days and 4 nights of fun with Philip's Dad's side of the family we loaded up the boys and all our gear and headed to Orlando, which was less than 2 hours away. Our dear friends the Valentine's have lived there for about 4 years. Lauren and I met freshman year in college when we lived across the hall from each other in the dorms and have been good friends ever since! Luckily we have been able to visit them at their beautiful home in 2008, 2010 and now 2012. Each visit has been different, but so fun! This time we spent a lot of time just enjoying watching our four kids play together while relaxing and visiting as much as we could. We shared lots of yummy food, laughs, love and fun! Lauren even spoiled me with a birthday celebration (more on that to come).

here we are in January 2010 on the beach :)

The kids played so well together and only required occasional reminders about sharing :) Charlotte and Levi were so excited to play together and ran all over the yard and house often chasing each other. Joel and Eloise were also so sweet together with their matching dimples and curls. Lauren and I could not quit saying how cute they were together. I LOVE all four of those babies! Levi and Charlotte are 38 months old and 10 days apart in age. Eloise and Joel are 16 months old and 3 weeks apart in age :)

 

happily waiting for some grub...our only successful pic of all 4

Levi and Philip went on a walk and he caught a lizard!

I loved how sweet they were together, and Charlotte's love of wearing multiples of everything :)

Elo and Joely...such cute little ones!


Lauren is expecting twins in March, and it was so fun to see her with her growing belly. It was a little weird to see her pregnant and not be pregnant myself since we had our first two kids so close in time...but I'll admit I'm a little relieved that we don't have matching bellies this time. Twins would be a little scary! Lauren, however, has the most wonderful attitude about this new adventure and I know she will be the most amazing "twin mom" and do a great job with 4 under 4!


In addition to having a lot of time with our kids we got some nice adult time when the kiddos where napping and in the evenings after they went to bed. The first night we were there we were able to participate in their small group bible study that met at their house and meet some of their friends. The meal was yummy and all their friends were so nice and welcoming. I especially enjoyed praying with them. The next night, Lauren and I even got our Labor and Delivery Nurse Nerd on and watched "Business of Begin Born" and enjoyed talking about what we thought of it from the other side of the documentary. The guys decided to enjoy some time on the porch during this viewing for some reason :)

Lauren and I, I wish I had gotten and pic of the guys

It was a great three days and two nights with wonderful friends! Thank you Lauren, Robby, Charlotte and Eloise for opening up your house to us and our two wild boys. We had so much fun with you and can't wait 'til we get to see all of you again! I feel this way every time we are able to be together; I wish we were neighbors! Coming next...Miami :)

No comments: