My sweet Grandad passed away about 5 years ago. At his funeral were several potted esperanza plants. Many of the family members took home the plants for their gardens and I was able to take one myself. We planted it next to our mail box and enjoy it's beautiful yellow blooms every summer. This year the blooms were late. I was wondering why they weren't showing up, when about 2 weeks ago it suddenly stated to flower. I like to think Grandad had a little something to do with that. He knew I would need something to brighten my day. When I saw the pretty yellow flowers I cried. Today I cut some for inside the house. Thanks Grandad. I miss you and love you.
4 comments:
What a beautiful sign from God and your grandpa! The red cardinal is my wink from my Pepaw. So thankful you received that nod from above and the awareness of knowing you are not alone!
Awww, Jocelyn! This is so special! I bet Grandad and Sam are sweet buddies up in Heaven :) And I love that "esperanza" is Spanish for "hope". I definitely believe God and Grandad collaborated to give you hope and comfort during such a difficult time. Thanks for sharing. Love you!
What beautiful flowers. It's amazing how God brings such wonderful gifts just when we need them.
Post a Comment