I have learned during the last few years, that during times of loss, you often gain an heightened ability to enjoy the special little moments in each day. When Philip's Mom died in February 2011 we had a big snow storm, and I remember having a
moment of clarity during our family time playing in the snow. God is good all the time and He gives us joyful moments even in the midst of trials.
Ever since loosing Sam, I have been doing my best to enjoy all the sweet moments with my precious family. Levi and Joel are so full of life and excited about everything in God's creation from bugs, leaves and flowers in the yard to a big beautiful rainbow after a storm. Their enthusiasm in life has been such a blessing to me. Thankfully, the weather has been a little cooler these last few days and we have been enjoying time outside, which is always refreshing and rejuvenating to me. As well as soaking up the great outdoors, I have been just taking more time to play with my boys. They are so cute and funny and smart, and I am overwhelmed that God is allowing me to be their Mom! What a blessing (despite the tough, busy and stressful times).
 |
| double stack piggy back |
 |
| little guy helping his big bro :) |
 |
| undies, rain, scooters...thrilling! |
 |
| I LOVE how these two love each other! |
 |
| super silly boys drying off after playing in the rain |
 |
| bath time silliness |
 |
| TAG! |
 |
| post nap snuggle induced snooze :) |
 |
| Snow cone sugar rush! |
I hope I can hang on to this grief-induced clarity. I hope I can continue to relish the simple, small joys of life and thank God for the "little blessings" he gives us every day. I'm not perfect, and I often forget to observe these blessings. I can dwell on my sadness at times as well. But, life sure is more fun when you take the time to really notice all those wonderful fleeting moments.
1 comment:
This is a really special post. Thanks for sharing your heart with all of us. I know I have learned a lot from watching how you have handled all of this. You are an example of someone who has suffered well and brought God glory in the process. Love you!
Post a Comment