Sunday, December 29, 2013

Visit to Abilene!

The day after Christmas we drove out to Abilene to spend some quality time with Aunt Tam, Uncle D and the Long cousins. Levi and Joel get along beautifully with their "big" cousins, and have so much fun every time we are there. It almost makes me want to have 5 or more kids because they play so well together that I hardly have to entertain or supervise them at all. 

We decided to have the kids exchange gifts while we were there because Tamara forgot the boys presents when we gathered on Christmas Eve. I was hoping that the ones I had ordered in early December would be there in time for Abilene since they did not arrive in time for Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, Kadin and Kamryn's gift did not arrive (I received a full refund, basically getting the gifts for free because they were guaranteed Christmas delivery). Kadin was still very excited to open a picture of his batting gloves. Kam however tried really hard to be happy with the picture of her boots, but she was so confused, upset and sad. It broke my heart! Thankfully, Levi and Joel LOVED their gifts, and Kynlee was thrilled with the car seat cover I made her. The other gifts finally arrived last night, and I am planning on dropping them in the mail to Abilene tomorrow.

 

Even though we spent a lot of time just relaxing and talking, we fit in a lot of fun activities as well. We went swimming at their local indoor pool, had a movie night, made Christmas cupcakes,shared hot cider and enjoyed several yummy meals. Philip and Derrick squeezed in a trip to the gun range while Tamara and I took all the kids to the park. Levi and Kadin had a blast wrestling, chasing and tackling each other. Joel almost always loved the fact that Kamryn and Kynlee use him as their cute little baby doll. All the kids had fun playing outside, singing with the girls new karaoke machine and coloring pictures together. Perhaps the biggest gift of the trip was that all 5 kids slept in past 9am! I guess a day full of cousin fun really wore them out! Levi did not wake up until 9:45...that is the latest he has slept in his entire life!




I had a blast making cupcakes with these cute helpers!


Kadin got a BB gun for Christmas and Philip spent a lot of time teaching him all about using it

Our time in Abilene was wonderful and we are so blessed to have such wonderful family for our boys to grow up with. I know not everyone gets along so well with their in-laws, but I can honestly say that Philip's sister Tamara is a dear friend of mine and I love her and all of her family very much! Such a gift! Next trip I'll have to make sure and get some pictures with the wonderful Aunt Tam and Uncle D in them...oops :(.

1 comment:

Collin and Marisa said...

It looks like you had a great time! I can't wait for Caden to have some cousins to play with and a sibling. Poor kid is the only kid at family gatherings. I wish I had 5 kids too. Glad everyone gets along so well and slept so late!