Pictures from his (late) Registration
I'm still in a bit of disbelief. How did we get here so very fast?! For the last several weeks Levi has been asking me often, "how many days until I go to Kindergarten?!" He was so excited! The weekend before school Levi had a special, solo sleepover at Pop and Moe's house. While there, Moe took him shopping and he chose his first day of school out fit complete with shoes. None of us could believe he would choose something so grown up and preppy! Earlier that week we went shopping and he chose his backpack and lunch box which are both solid blue, which was a again a surprise. We started off the day with Levi's choice for breakfast, and Daddy was even home to send him off (he usually leaves for work long before we get up). Joel and I took Levi to school and walked him to his class where he walked right in with out missing a beat like he had done it a million times. He didn't seem even the slightest bit nervous! Joel and I on the other hand were feeling very strange about the whole situation! I'm a bit worried about how much Joel will miss his best friend and constant play mate this year (especially once baby takes away my attention) and unfortunately he was a bit emotional and even cried a little when we dropped Levi off. Hopefully once he starts preschool he will adjust quickly to our new normal.
| Levi's special breakfast of choice, grapes, toast and cheesey eggs |
![]() |
| Walking in on his first day!!! |
![]() |
| Joel was pretty emotional...Levi was very sweet to his little bro :) |
Thankfully, Levi's first day went very well and he was just as enthusiastic when I picked him up as he was during the weeks prior. When I asked him how his day was he said, "It was a good day, a very, very good day!" He was grinning ear to ear and a chatter box all the way to the car. He did mention that they didn't really learn anything today, but just talked "a whole lot about rules," but he also said he had fun during art time and "got really sweaty playing on the playground at recess." His teacher seems very sweet and Levi really likes her. After meet the teacher he told me, "I like Ms. Petrone, she is so nice and pretty!" So far, I agree. I'm praying for her, and feel blessed to have a mom of 3 boys teaching my little guy who is a very busy, typical little boy. At least I know she knows what normal boy behavior is! :)
We are moving soon (more on that later) so Levi is attending school in what will be our new neighborhood. I didn't think I knew anyone at this school, but today I found out that 2 families from our church have older kids there, and one of his friends from preschool is in Kindergarten there as well! It was nice to see some familiar faces :) I can't wait to get more familiar with our neighborhood and the families we will meet through our new home and the school.
![]() |
| All ready to start class! |





1 comment:
So glad that Levi is off to a great start! That picture of Levi and Joel hugging just tugs at my heart!! Those are some precious boys :) Praying for all of you as you adjust to your new normal and prepare for even more changes in the coming months! Love y'all!
Post a Comment