Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Go Orioles!

Levi just finished his first season of baseball (T-ball). He had a great time learning a new sport! I think he will play again next spring because he really enjoyed this season. Next year will be coaches pitch! Levi improved so much during the season and I am really proud of all he learned. Not only did his skills improve vastly, but his attitude as well. We had to deal with a bit of frustration during the first few games and practices which was causing a bit of a bad attitude (stamping feet, throwing hat down, pouting etc). Levi is so competitive and was not coping very well with not being able to do everything and understand all the rules right away. However, he has really started to understand the game and had a great attitude the last few games. Philip was assistant coach and Levi loved having his Daddy there with him helping his team. Levi also loved being the Orioles (which he pronounces Oreos) and was a big fan of the bright orange jerseys.

Ready for his 1st game!

I love his expression in this picture!
This season was crazy with all the rain and almost every single game had to be rescheduled due to rain, flooded fields or lightening. What should have lasted 6 weeks ended up going on for 10 with several games on week nights. Levi handled the disappointment on not playing when he was expecting to pretty well, and learned some good lessons in patience. His team was very inexperienced, but they all improved so much and we ended up finishing in third place and getting a trophy! Yay! I love baseball and had so much fun watching Levi play! I enjoyed playing team sports so much growing up and it's exciting to start watching my boys experience the joy of working together and earning success. I think there are so many wonderful life lessons you can learn from sports, so I'm happy that the boys seem to have interest so far. I can't wait for next year :)


 

getting serious with eye black for the last game :)
so excited to get a trophy!

No comments: