Monday, August 24, 2015

10 Months with Nathan!

I'm in denial. In two short months my Natey Matey will be ONE! This third babyhood has flown by. I blame it on the wonderful distraction of two older brothers. This month Nathan has become less of a little baby and is starting to act more and more like a toddler. He is into EVERYTHING and is super fast. Recently he has become more brave and is starting to take a step or two between 2 pieces of furniture as well as letting go an standing on his own fairly often. I don't think it will be too much longer before he is walking. Eep!
 
 Nate continues to be a very smiley and happy baby! He went through some separation anxiety the past couple of months, but that seems to be letting up. He is quite the flirt and loves to laugh. Yesterday he was pretending to bite my shoulder and every time I would tap on his mouth with my finger and say no bite and he would get this twinkle in his eye, laugh and then lean in with his mouth wide again. I'm pretty sure we have a ham on our hands and a little stinker in our future.

In addition to becoming increasingly mobile and more socially interactive he is also sleeping later (hooray for not waking up around 5:45 or 6 every morning!) and eating table food almost exclusively. There are now 7 cute little teeth in his mouth and he does a great job of biting and chewing his food right up front, which is so funny! He has also finally mastered the sippy cup and likes to drink water (when I remember to give it to him) He continues to be a tiny little guy, but eats almost as much as Joel at most meals! I feel a growth spurt coming on.

Daily Routine:
7-7:30am - wakes up and nurses
8 or 8:30am- eat breakfast
10 or 10:30am - nurse and then AM nap for about an hour
11:30 or 12 noon - lunch
2 or 2:30pm - nurse and then PM nap for up to 2 hours, but sometimes on 45 minutes
5ish - nurse
6 ish - dinner
7:30ish bath, one last nursing session and bedtime


I gave him his 1st haircut, he was super squirmy, but did well.


We sure do love our little Naters and he is a joy to be around! Watching him grow, learn and interact with his brothers is so much fun!

No comments: