Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Forward to 2016!

2015 was a good year for our family, and we are looking forward to another year filled with fun, growth and change for our family. We are especially excited that during 2016 we will be adding one more sweet baby to our family! Yep, that's me announcing baby Boyer #5 on the way! I'm due on July 31st, which means I'll be 10 weeks along on Sunday. I had my first official appointment on Tuesday and was relieved to see that everything was looking great with our tiny little one. He or she is growing right on track and hearing his or her sweet heart beat was music to my ears.


Ever since loosing Sam in July 2013 I have had a change in the way I view early pregnancy. I try my best to focus on the miracle and joy of carrying a life inside of me (or watching friends and family experience a baby grow), but I am often overwhelmed with anxiety and fear of loosing my baby before I get to meet him or her. Luckily, my midwife is wonderful and very understanding, so I had a sonogram at 5 weeks 5 days along, then again at 7 weeks 3 days and 9 weeks 2 days. I was very reassuring to see my little one growing right on track with a sweet flickering heart beat. My next appointment is at 13 weeks and I can't wait to get another peek at our precious little bean. Levi, Joel and all of our family is excited to add another member this summer. It's going to be crazy, but so much fun! Happy new year and may God bless you in 2016!

4 comments:

Amanda and Brian said...

Yeah!!!! So happy for you! Following in our mother's footsteps. Can't wait to see what you are having! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy. Congrats!

Kameron said...

I'm so thrilled for you and your family. Praying for a smooth and uneventful pregnancy. Grow baby grow!

Lauren Valentine said...

We are so thrilled for your growing family!

Collin and Marisa said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm just now catching up on all of my blog reading for the past two months!!! Love you guys!
-Marisa