I had my mid pregnancy sonogram and Philip and I were thrilled to see yet another very healthy, big baby on the way! Every organ was just where it should be and normal, and baby was measuring about 1 week ahead. As a nurse I loved seeing each part of our baby and hearing that everything was looking just as it should; heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, stomach, heart (4 chambers and strong valves), brain and skeleton. In addition to all of that great news we were also able to find out our baby's gender. We are having a GIRL! It still seems a little unreal after hearing "it's a boy" 4 times in a row! It will be so fun to experience having a daughter. I am looking forward to having that special mother - daughter relationship I've always dreamed of having.
When we told the boys they were so surprised! (Well...Nathan is clueless and will be until the baby is born I'm sure.) We wrapped a baby sister onsie and let the boys open it and when Levi saw that it was pink with sister written on it he threw it to the ground! Levi had convinced himself and Joel that the baby was another boy, so he was shocked when we said he was going to have a baby sister. He has already started to come around to the idea and has told us, "she might be fun and a tomboy." I'm eager to get to know what a Boyer girl will be like and to watch her grow and become a part of our rough and tumble family. I hope to be a strong and positive example to her as my mom was for me. Please continue to pray for our baby girl as she grows and that the pregnancy and delivery will be smooth and without complication.


No comments:
Post a Comment