We had a nice laid back time celebrating Valentine's this year. Levi had a blast at his school party on Friday and I was so happy to be there and help out. Joel had a fun party at his school on Thursday, but parents were not invited to keep it low key.
It was fun to have the actual holiday on a Sunday, where we could all be together all day. Philip and I decided no gifts this year, but he got me some beautiful, fragrant flowers anyway, and I got him a card and a candy bar. We started off our morning with a Valentine's themed breakfast with fun plates, balloons, treats and festive donuts. Then we had a nice time at church followed by a casual lunch of sandwiches. In the afternoon we enjoyed the unseasonably beautiful weather with bike/stroller rides and play time at the park. For dinner we went out as family and I really enjoyed a night off from cooking and cleaning. After the boys were asleep Philip and I had brownie sundaes and watched tv. I've been exhausted, so we called it an early night, which was perfect! Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's with your loved ones as well!



No comments:
Post a Comment