Saturday, November 2, 2019

Halloween 2019!

We had another great Halloween! This year our costumes were Super Mario Brothers themed. The boys were thrilled for us to all dress up as the characters from their favorite video game. Philip was Bowser, I was Toad, Levi as Luigi, Joel was Mario, Nathan was Yoshi and Rachel was Princess Peach. The kids and I enjoyed a trip to the local pumpkin patch/corn maze, one day after school. The Sunday before Halloween we enjoyed our "Trunk of Treat" and the kids brought home loads of candy.  The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins, and the kids did a great job designing and helping carve their pumpkins with cute and creative faces. I was working on Halloween, but Philip helped all the kids get into their costumes and over to a neighbor friends house for pizza and trick or treating. By the end of the celebrating we had over 27 pounds of candy! It was crazy. I set aside some to use in Christmas stockings, gave away some to our co-workers and let the kids make bags full of their favorites to eat over the next several weeks. It was a fun holiday and the kids are already planning what we should dress up as next year.







 


 
 
 

No comments: