We found out today that we will be having a baby BOY!!
I had my only "official" sonogram and everything looked perfect! He is growing well and was wiggling all over. He measured 20 weeks exactly (I am 19 weeks and 4 days today) so I was pleased that he hasn't grow to be huge...at least not yet...but that he is right on track (Philip was 9#6oz and I was 8#2oz, and we both have a history of large babies in our families). Philip and I are both very excited and it is fun to be able to call the baby "him/he" instead of "it". He was very cooperative and showed us that he was definitely a boy!
He measured about 12 ounces today (3/4 a pound) and was kicking up a storm. We were able to see some really neat views of his hands, feet, legs, profile, face, heart, spine and belly. Unfortunately the sonogram tech was a guy and he was pretty much all business so he didn't really take the time to answer any of Philip's questions or print us any extra pictures. He did give us one of his face when I asked. The sono guy was very professional and nice, but just didn't do any extras (which I have been getting used to up at work getting all my extra sonograms!) However, it was very fun and special to get to sit with Philip and listen to our baby's little heart beating and see him kicking his legs and moving his hand in front of his face.
I am hoping to be able to post some more pictures soon from work. I am cross-training to the Antenatal Assessment Center these next few weeks so I will have access to the fancy sono there! Another neat development...I have been able to feel a lot of movement now and have even felt a few stronger little kicks! I love it! Please keep us in your prayers for the continued health of baby (and me too!).
9 comments:
Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you and can't wait to see you and your belly bump. You are all in our prayers.... yay!
How exciting to finally know what you are having! You both and your baby BOY are in our prayers!
Congrats Joyce and Philip!! We are so excited for you guys and baby boy boyer.
Congratulations to you both! Now our boy will have another boy to play with!
So sweet to hear about it all. Congrats again on the boy! I know you're loving being able to feel him so much in your belly. We're excited for you and keep you all in our prayers!
Yay!!! Another Boyer Boy! Can't go wrong there... we are so excited for the both of you, many prayers for all.
love, Aunt Tonia
YAYAYAYAY!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Baby Boy Boyer...hehehe, how fun is that to say?!?!?!?
Well giddy up. A boy boy. That's awesome. I am going to call him Joel because that is an awesome name.
I am so excited!!!! Kadin might be as excited as me. Kynlee of course wanted a girl, but she was way excited to know there would still be a itty bitty baby to play with!!!
love you and can't wait to see you guys Friday!!
Post a Comment