Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Request for Prayer

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have already heard about the accident that my brother-in-law Dustin experienced while moving into his (and my sister Kate's) new house. He had blunt trauma to his abdomen and had to have exploratory surgery yesterday. During the surgery they discovered that he had severe damage to his pancreas.

Please check my sister's blog (link to the right "Kate & Dustin" for more information).

Right now he is in a lot of pain and is not allowed to have anything to eat or drink in order to allow his pancreas to rest while the surgeons are consulting to decide what the next surgery will be to repair his damaged pancreas. Of course they are also worried about all the stresses involved with caring for a 11 month old and moving into a new home. I would really appreciate all of your prayers for Dustin's healing and full/quick recovery. For my sister for strength throughout this and for my niece to feel safe and loved while her parents are struggling. Kate, Dustin and Nora; I love you all so much and I am so sad that you are going through this very difficult time. Please know that Philip and I are thinking of you and praying for you very very often.

Thanks and Love,
Jocelyn

1 comment:

Christine said...

we will definitely keep you all in our prayers... please do your best to keep us updated