Even though there were 8 kids under the age of 7 at the party none of the china saucers, plates or tea cups we used were broken (we were all pretty impressed!). It was so nice to see everyone and spend time together as a family to celebrate Gran's birthday. She means so much to all of us and we are very blessed to have her in our lives. It was interesting to me to think that none of us would be in this family...and most of us would have never been born without her.
One of Gran's oldest friends Mary also came to the party. They lived together while they attended the University of Texas (Gran graduated from there with an degree in Education in 1942). It was neat to see them together and I hope that when(if) I'm 90 I will still be in touch with the wonderful girl friends I made while I was at Texas Tech. I am blessed with 5 wonderful friends from Tech that I am still close with!!
I have such a wonderful family and such an amazing woman at the head of it. Gran is a truly amazing woman who has seen so many things in her life and been through many joys, and trials. I have learned a lot from her and hope to continue to learn from her. She is a wonderful mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She has shown me what true love from a mother looks like and I know she would do anything for her family. I love you Gran! I'm so glad and proud to call you my Gran!
3 comments:
That picture of Gran and Levi is adorable. I love her so much!!! I already commented on Kate's blog on the same topic, but I shall say again that we are truly blessed to have such a wonderful grandmother.
LOVE,
Molly
can't wait to see you around Christmas time...
I disagree with your comment on my blog...I truly think this is beautifully and eloquently written! :)
That sounds like such a fun and sweet party. And the pic of her and Levi is priceless!
Post a Comment