Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Levi's Verses

I'm reading through the Bible this year (along with several other members of my church) and it has been very uplifting and interesting. We are reading it in chronological order. I had always assumed it was in chronological order...but it's not. I was up to date on the daily reading to the day before Levi was born but I have fallen a little behind. I just finished the Old Testament. I read these very neat verses a couple days ago and it is about God's covenant with Levi. I love these verses and am thinking of some how getting it framed for Levi's room:

Malachi 2 - 5 "My covenant was with Levi, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin."

I didn't know these verse before we named Levi, but I really hope he learns them one day. I think it makes his name a little more special. Just had to share. Here are some pics of my little Levi from this morning...he was in a great mood :)



2 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

Great pictures! And I love the verse about Levi's name. If you'll buy a frame/mat, I would be happy to write the verses out in calligraphy for you! (if you wanted - you might already have something else in mind)

Also, can I have a copy of the chronological order for the books of the Bible? I have been wanting to read through the Bible in order, so I'd really appreciate it if you could share that with me!

The Kalivoda's said...

Those are amazing verses and I am sure they are even more special for you and your sweet little family. The pictures are great...what a happy little guy!!