Wednesday, December 23, 2009

5 Months Old!

Today Levi turned 5 months old! I can't believe we are getting close to the half way point of his first year! This past month has been one of a lot of change for our little man. He is sleeping MUCH better...but still not through the night (although he has done it twice from 9pm - 5:30am) He now usually just wakes up once and I can just pat his back, tell him night night I love you and he will fall back to sleep. He hasn't eaten during the night for over a week now. I think we may be on the verge of a breakthrough :). He is really such a sweet easy baby right now and is very smiley. He also laughs a lot and happily screams at Penny or his toys. He is very vocal and "talks" all day long. His newest sound is dadadada (much to Philip's delight!)

He is now an expert at rolling over (tummy to back and back to tummy) and enjoys rolling all over the living room! He is able to push up and almost get onto all fours and he scoots around too. While on his "activity mat" he loves to roll around and pull down all the toys to chew on. In the picture below he started out on his back with his head near the dog picture.


Everything goes straight to his mouth if he has the choice and he loves to drink water from a big cup. He will reach for it very excitedly and take little sips of the water, he hardly even spills.


Despite all the drool and chewing he has no teeth yet (I think this is great!) and he has not quite mastered sitting up either. He can sit very well but has to always have his hand(s) out to prop himself up. If he lifts both arms he will tump right over.


His favorite things to do right now are; read books (especially Christmas in the Manger, Musical Bible Songs - yes it plays music!- First Words and In My Pond), chew on his toys, play on his activity mat or in his exersaucer, watch Penny and play stunt man with Daddy. I may have been a little hard on Penny yesterday...but she sure did have me mad! Levi sure does like her though and sometimes there is nothing sweeter than a little kid and their doggy!



I hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas! Isn't the way Jesus came to earth amazing!

1 comment:

Dustin & Kate said...

Awww...Levi, you're so cute! I love you and I can't wait to see you on Monday!