Saturday, December 26, 2009

Frozen White Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours turned out to be a little different than planned. One of the only draw backs to my job is working on holidays. This year I had to work on Christmas Eve (I was actually scheduled for Christmas Day, but a good friend switched with me so I could be home with Levi for his first Christmas...thanks Angela!!). As most of you know it started snowing in Fort Worth at about 10am and continued to snow until about 8pm. We accumulated about 1-2 inches of snow which made for some pretty views from my patients room all day, but some yucky iced roads (not enough snow to drive on...just enough to make it really slick!). It took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive my usual 20 minute drive home due to all the wrecks, spin outs and just having to drive slowly. I was lucky though...some of my co-workers got stranded on the highway for hours! Our church's Christmas Eve service was also cancelled.

On Christmas morning all the snow was still on the ground and the roads were still icy. Philip's family was supposed to drive from Abilene to our house for lunch and gifts . Unfortunately Abilene got more than 6 inches of snow and I-20 was closed so they were not able to come. We didn't get their final decision until about 10:30 am and we already had all of the meal in the works so we decided to just keep cooking and have TONS of left overs :) We did enjoy or day with just our little family and had a yummy meal and lazed around with Levi all day.


Levi seemed to be mildly interested in his new toys and enjoyed watching the fire glow in our fireplace. We left him in his cute snowman pjs all day and stayed snuggled inside. We missed our family and going to church, but it turned out to be a good memory for our first Christmas as a family of three.

3 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

Aww, man! Sorry that the weather messed up your Christmas plans! But it sounds like you made the best of the situation! Cute pics of you guys and your very first Christmas as parents. :)
Love you! See you Monday!
Kate

Collin and Marisa said...

Great pictures! I love the snow but am sad that it ruined your plans. Looks like you had a great Christmas anyway. =)

Jenae said...

It is always fun to have a white Christmas, except if you have travel plans! I actually spun out last week and it about scared me right out of Utah! I was coming up on an already accident and started to slow down when I lost control of MY car and started heading right for car that had already been in one accident, and then for the police car that was there helping with the accident. Lucky for me I didn't hit anything and nothing hit me!! I think I will only drive my Pilot with 4wheel drive in the snow from now on.