Oh how I used to adore my dog, Penny. She is beautiful, that's never going to change...but I used to think she was smart, funny, snugly, loving and just all around wonderful (most of the time) and now those thoughts seem to rarely cross my mind.
Every Tuesday morning Levi and I have a 1 hour long exercise class together. Last night I made Philip one of his favorite meals, fried fish. You can't just dump the oil down the drain. Although I had cleaned up all the rest of dinner I was too tired to mess with the oil so I left it sitting in the cast iron skillet on the back of the stove top....you might see where this is going. When we returned from class the skillet was empty on the floor and there was oil on the cabinets, dishwasher, floors and of course all over Penny...YEESH!!! I was quite angry to say the least. I threw Penny outside, put Levi down for his nap and hopped in the shower, hoping it would some how clean its self. Of course it didn't and I had some fun lunch plans with my good friend Amy. So...Penny got to spend the whole day outside, alone (this never happens to her). I just now - 6pm - finished bathing her after I mopped the kitchen twice and scrubbed the cabinets etc while Levi is taking his evening nap.
Ever since Levi was born I have liked Penny less. Sometimes I still love her and Levi does get a big kick out of her, but today I just about gave her away. I don't think I am the only person that feels this way...other Mom's have told me their pets became way less fun when they had kids too. I hear it gets better when the baby gets older...we will see! Some how Philip still loves her...I guess that is because she is his running and hunting partner...oh well.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! When I saw your title to your post I ran and got Matt. I really thought you were wanting to sell her! I'm sorry about the mess
:( I hope things get better!
I totally feel your pain! I think you have to be a MEGA dog lover to love dogs after you have a baby. As you know, I am not a huge Chloe lover these days (sad but true) so I know how you feel. I am SO sorry about the huge mess you had to deal with. That sounds awful! :(
I feel your pain. I sometimes wanted to give Mali away when we didn't have children (and as you know, we tried, more than once!). Once we did it was really hard, but moving overseas and now having Caden, I'm glad we did. Hopefully things will get better.
I can relate.... Zack has had to re-learn his place in our house. WHen Faith was a few months old he broke down all the gates, got upstairs in her room, in the Diaper Dekor and had a ball... you can imagine the look/smell/mess I had to deal with, probably really close to the leftovers of oil in a kitchen. I will say, the more praise we give him on the little things every now and then, the better it gets :) good luck
Wow, that is awful! I can't really relate, but it is good to hear these kinds of stories because I am itching for some pet and keep holding off. Hope she behaves herself!
Post a Comment