Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Great Outdoors

This past Thursday Popa, Philip, Levi and I all headed out for the weekend to the hunting lease to enjoy some time in the great outdoors and of course for Philip and his Dad to get some bow-hunting done. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we had a wonderful trip....here it is in pictures:

We stayed in my Dad's cabin (thanks Pop!) so it was like upscale camping :)

Levi LOVED being outside for most of the day 3 whole days! Here he is showing off a cool rock. Notice the pretty flowers in the background. The lease was covered in flowers, which made it extra pretty.

Here are the 3 men in their camo...this is in the morning when Popa and Dada returned from a hunt.

Levi loved to mow the grass in camp with Popa on the riding mower, they did this twice :)
Our little cutie with his ear protection while the big boys did some target practice.
Although I really was at the lease, there is not a single picture with me in it...I did however sit in the blind one morning and watch the deer while Philip sat in his bow spot. It was pretty neat to watch the sun rise and see all the deer come in to feed. I enjoyed it, but I think I have my fix for quite some time :). I did really enjoy seeing Philip and his Dad so happy to spend time together and enjoy God's creation as well as to watch Levi beaming with joy as he ran through the dirt and grass. Loving the outdoors must run in the family :) Although no one saw a deer worthy of "harvesting" I think the trip was a success.

I would also like to give a little update on Carol; she has been moved off the cancer unit and to the rehab unit! She will be there for at least 1-2 weeks to do daily physical therapy, occupational therapy and discharge planning. She needs to learn how to do basic tasks with her limited use of her fingers, increase her strength and stamina (walking) and organize her long term treatment plan. She is still feeling pretty yucky from her last round of chemo, but getting better slowly. She also has a friend of her father's that is still in good health (an elderly woman) who has an extra room with a mini kitchen set up, where Carol can stay for a while when she is released. We are so thankful for her and her generosity! All of this is great news and we continue to praise God for the many miracles and blessings we have seen during Carol's struggle with cancer and illness. Thanks again for the prayers and please keep them coming :)

1 comment:

Molly said...

don't LOVE the idea of him round guns (tho i know they're careful), but that last pic is TOO cute!!