Today Levi had his 2 year check up at the pediatrician. This was the most in-depth appointment he has had yet. They did a detailed development assessment and Levi of course passed and actually received "advanced" scoring :) The assessment consisted of a long list of questions for me to answer and then a few things for him to do in front of the nurse and doctor. He had to jump off two feet (yippee!) run down the hall, copy me drawing a straight line, and just be observed talking with me. He is advanced both verbally (especially for a boy they say) and with his coordination. We are so proud of our little guy! The doctor said "he is perfect, healthy and excelling" what more encouraging words can a mother hear! I must be doing at least something right...although God really deserves all the credit :)
Here are his new Stats:
height - 36.5 inches (94%)
weight - 29 pounds, 14 ounces (69%)
head circumference - 50.8 cm (92%)
I also want to share a little bit about our big 2 year old boy that we have observed since the last Levi centered post I did at 18 months.
Likes:
-singing and music
-reading books (especially before nap and bedtime)
-eating (snacks and meals and when he is hungry he is ready! While he eats he will often loudly declare, "I love it!" or "yummy" of "umm, umm, umm!") fruit- cantaloupe, watermelon, bananas, grapes, clementines & strawberries, veggies - broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, baked potatoes, peas & carrots other favs - animal or graham crackers, toast, waffles, pancakes, nuts, raisins, yogurt and apple sauce special treats - fruit snacks, juice, chocolate anything, cookies
-water activities of ANY kind (especially swimming)
-playing with balls (bouncy, kicking, throwing etc)
-being outside
-drawing
-watching any big machinery (airplanes, tractors, cranes etc)
-Favorite TV shows - Sesame Street ("street") Curious George, Blues Clues and Yo Gabba Gabba
-Favorite books - The Rhyme Story Bible, Green Eggs and Ham, & There's a Wocket in my Pocket
-Favorite toys - balls, blocks, mini trains, cars, trucks of aircraft
-Favorite colors - black, white, brown and pink
-Favorite songs - Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle, He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
Dislikes:
-nap time
-stopping a favorite activity
-spicy or warm (temp) food
-having to wait
-daddy leaving
-sharing mommy's attention with Joel (sometimes)
"Levi-isms" - common phrases he says of things he does
-every morning first thing: "Mommy, I want milk, PLEASE" (I've tried to convince him please doesn't count when you shout!)
-"Hey Mommy/Daddy/Joel/Penny!"
-"I LOVE it!" about anything that he is enjoying
-"It's True" such as "we saw birds....it's true" he just adds this on to random sentences
-"Hurt Me!" after any type of injury, major or minor
-"Mommy, Plane/mower/dog/bird etc, Hear it?!??!?!"
-"Look Mommy, two....!!!" he loves to point out pairs of things
-"Whoa!" "yes!" "wow!" all in what we call his deep "man voice", which cracks us up!
-"Mommy, I want Joel sleep" (ummm can we say a little jealous for attention)
-"Mommy, I want hold Joely Poly" (he really love his baby though!)
-loves to give labels of ownership to everything possible (Daddy's shoes, Mommy's cup, Joel's blankie etc)
New Skills :)
-can color circles well
-can identify many colors almost always -pink, orange, purple, green, white, black, brown, & -occasionally - red, yellow and blue
-can identify circles
-can count to 10 (usually leaves out a few numbers like 2 or 6) but only actually counts 2 or 3 things
-can sing the alphabet very well (only misses a few letters) but can only identify O, B, E & L
-can stack his blocks or leggos pretty high
-has a bigger imagination and plays true pretend such as cooking, "working like daddy" (usually mowing or with his play tools), treats his glow bug like a baby, and cleaning
-sleeps from about 8pm to 6:30 am (but has slept til 7:15 the last 3 days!!! hoping this is a new trend)
-takes one nap in the afternoon usually around 1:30 for about 1 hour
-shows a little interest in potty training - tells me he "poo pooed, new diaper please" and has gone poop on the potty several times, however never consistently
I still cannot believe my little baby is two years old! He amazes me every day and we all love him so very much! Levi brings Philip and I so much joy and adds laughter to everyday! We thank God for this gift!
3 comments:
He is so stinking cute! He and Luke sound ALOT alike and i bet they would have a ton of fun together.
Oh Levi, you are soooo much fun! I wish Charlotte could enjoy your antics : ) For now, we will continue viewing pics & videos online until we see you again. Happy 2 years!
What a fun post! I know you will find age two to be a super fun age, despite it's challenges ;) I love watching Levi's darling personality develop! He's a cutie for sure!
Post a Comment