Yesterday was Philip's birthday. We are so lucky to have him as the leader of our family! Levi and Joel are blessed to have such a wonderful father and I an amazing husband! He works so hard in everything he does and never stops trying to better himself. I am so thankful to God for placing Philip in my life so that I could have a wonderful partner who loves the Lord, his family and is someone who loves life and all the adventures it can bring. Philip is a special man; watching how Levi adores him reminds me of that daily :)
 |
| Here is Philip's birthday cake I made Sunday. I must say it turned out awesome :) |
We have small groups every Sunday night. 5 families from our Sunday school class meet to study the Bible, discuss the sermon, have fellowship, build Christian relationship and eat dinner. This ministry has been a huge blessing to us ever since joining our church. Almost all of our friends are from church and they are so wonderful to us! We are so lucky to have them in our lives to support us, pray for us and serve us (many yummy meals when both boys were born etc). Since this Sunday was the day before Philip's birthday I brought a homemade cake for us to share. The kids all loved singing happy birthday and having cake too!
 |
| Philip and Levi blowing out the candles at small groups |
When Philip got home from work Levi raced to the door yelling "happy birthday to you Daddy!!!" and then insisted that he open the card he made him and gift he picked out. When we were at the grocery store last week we saw some camo hats with double Ts on them. Levi exclaimed "it's Daddy's favorite hat!" and so when I asked if we should get it for Daddy for his birthday of course he said YES! My favorite thing that Levi wanted to me to write in the card was "My favorite thing is at Home Depot he holds me." He sure does love his Daddy! All I had to do was prompt him with simple questions like, what do you like about Daddy, what is your favorite thing about Daddy and what do you like to do with Daddy and he said some pretty cute things :)
 |
| inside of the card |
 |
| Levi proud of the card he made |
I asked Philip if he would like to go out to eat or have dinner at home on his birthday. I loved that he chose for me to cook for him and it always makes me feel good that he loves my cooking :). I decided to make him one of his favorite cuisines, German. So we all feasted on rouladen, red cabbage, hot potato salad and roasted asparagus. I splurged and purchased him some fancy stout beer as well to complete the German theme. He said the meal was "restaurant worthy" and I do think it was pretty tasty, but the compliment may have been over the top :). We finished off the evening with left over cake.
 |
| My love digging into his birthday grub :) |
4 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful birthday! Philip is a pretty special guy indeed. I love Levi's card! And Philip looks very content in that last pic - digging into his special dinner with his new hat on :)
P.S. - Since you are so good at making cakes, do you wanna bake Asher's bday cake too? ;)
Happy Birthday Philip!
So impressive! Sounds like a pretty special birthday! It also appears that Philip is giving himself the gift of not having to shave for his birthday....
Happy birthday, Philip. Beautiful cake, Jocelyn! Sweet card, Levi!
Post a Comment