Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Christmas Tea

Growing up my Gran hosted many a tea party for her grandchildren. Since we lived in the same town my sisters and I were able to attend several of these teas growing up. I have wonderful memories of helping Gran bake, cook and decorate for the party and then enjoy the fruits of our labor with a delicious tea! Yesterday Levi and two of his cousins, Nora and Kate (actually a second cousin) helped with a Christmas Tea in my Mom's kitchen. You may remember from this post that Levi helped to make the ginger bread men cookies. Yesterday morning Gran had the kids help with some finishing touches; decorations and a little last minute cooking and cupcake decorating.





They ended up with quite the spread and everyone dug in happily to the fancy tea party fare :) Since the kids helped with the Tea and were "hosting" all of us grown-ups went outside and rang the door bell so that they could let us in and welcome us to their party.

 
All the sugar must have soaked in pretty quick, because after we were done filling our bellies to the brim the kids broke out in a dance party to my all time favorite Christmas album "Christmas with Ray Coniff". I grew up listening to the songs every year as a kid (it's my Dad's favorite as well), so it was fun to listen to the kiddos laugh, sing and dance to those good old tunes :)

Nora, Kate & Levi sharing some post dancing love :)
 I hope that when (if) I am 92 I can continue to have as much love for fun and drive to be involved with my family as Gran still does. She is an inspiration and I am so lucky to have her as my grandmother. I also think my Mom is pretty amazing for helping Gran to do what she loves and being there for her mother day in and day out to help her accompish her daily goals! I have said this before, but I have some amazing women in my family and a lot to live up to as a Knochel/Asher girl :) So far, this is turning out to be a pretty special holiday season with lots of special memories!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

That picture of Levi and your mom is SO precious. I love his little face. Miss you and need to see you SOON!!!