Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deck the Halls!

I love how at Christmas time there are decorations everywhere as a continual reminder of the coming holiday. It helps me to remember the birth of Christ on a daily basis and brings a bright note to every day. I especially love the decorations in our home. Levi is also very excited about all the "corations" this year, the tree in particular. Joel loves the tree too and wishes I would let him chew on the lights and branches :). We had fun putting them all up and Levi was thrilled to help with the star and ornaments on the tree. We have a few new additions this year (some inherited from Philip's moms enormous collection of Christmas things...she had at least 6 different tree skirts if that gives you an idea) and a couple things I purchased on clearance last year after the holidays. I love traditions and there are some I have continued from my childhood as well as some new ones I have started. I am looking forward to sharing Christmas with my family this year, and for God willing, many years to come! I always feel extra blessed this time of year!
Levi put several of the less breakable ornaments on the tree.
Daddy held Levi up and he was so proud to put the star on all by himself!
Caught red handed :)
The tree all finished; with a new tree skirt ;)
I have started a tradition of getting a Christmas frame each year for our cards
I love my new wreath! I got the wreath at Hobby Lobby and the "noel" at World Market, both on clearance :)
It was so fun to decorate the dining room this year with our new furniture!
I bought a plastic nativity set for Levi and Joel. Levi has loved playing with it and naming all the characters. Joel has loved chewing on the camel and cow :)
Our mantel is probably my favorite thing. My mom gifted me a different part of the willow tree nativity set each year since I got married and it is now complete, and our crazy stockings are full of memories! This year I made Joel's with a gift as the centerpiece, Levi got some undies, and Philip got a rattle with Joel on it. Philip usually puts my new piece on at the very last minute and it is always fun to see what I get. Our first Christmas he put the ring he proposed with (so sweet and so fun to have in a special place to see every year...my setting wasn't done yet), and last year it was a positive pregnancy test made of felt...ha! :)
The lovely mantle!

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Everything looks great! I just LOVE your new furniture! I know you've waited for that for a long time, and it looks pretty stinkin' awesome.

Dustin & Kate said...

Your house looks beautiful! Thanks for taking us on a little tour! And that picture of Joel is super adorable!

Joel and Sara said...

I LOVE the picture of Joel. I can't wait to come to your house this year and see all of your changes you have made. Exciting!

Collin and Marisa said...

Beautiful, Jocelyn!

Banker said...

Christmas traditions are some of my favorite. Everything looks wonderful.