Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Boy and his Bike

Levi has been wanting to ride his bike without training wheels since last August. We have tried on and off, but he just didn't have the mental focus to pay attention enough to ride safely and successfully. Coordination has never been the issue. Well, these last few weeks he has suddenly been improving, and the last few days he became very motivated to learn. He prefers his Daddy (who he considers a bike expert) to help him practice, so he had to wait until Philip had enough time away from work to get some consistent practice in.


These last two evenings they have been working hard and I think it is safe to say that Levi is successfully riding his bike with no training wheels! He still has some work to do on starting and stopping, but I think over the course of the summer he will become proficient enough for us to go on some family bike rides :). We are all so excited! Watching Philip teach Levi and seeing the pride and joy on both of their faces was so special for me! I'm sure I was beaming and grinning from ear to ear! I know this is only the beginning of things Philip will teach the boys and in the process strengthen their relationship. 





Way to Go Levi! We are so proud of you and cannot believe how big you are getting! Enjoy the video:


3 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

That is so awesome! Yay, Levi!!!

Joel and Sara said...

That is totally awesome!!

Collin and Marisa said...

Way to go Levi! Great turn too!