Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last Day of Preschool!

Well, today was Levi's last day of preschool! I cannot believe that a year has already gone by since we first walked through the doors at Discovery School! Thankfully it has been a wonderful year full of fun, growing, learning, singing, and playing. We were blessed with a wonderful teacher who loved Levi and invested a lot into him this year. We are so pleased with the decision to put Levi in this preschool. I am so proud of how much Levi has learned, matured, and grown over this year. He is getting too big! I almost cried as we left the school today...I can't imagine what kind of mess I'm going to be next year, knowing that he will most likely be off to kindergarten! Wow!

As a parting gift his teacher gave me a CD full of pictures of Levi at school throughout the year. Here are my favorites!

Levi's teacher said he is very "sensory" and really enjoyed anything where he could get mess or play with things with a lot of texture. There were a lot of pictures to show that to be true. Here are three...

Another thing Levi loves to do it build, looks like he had lots of opportunities for that as well.


The school has a garden, and each student gets to plant a plant in the summer and fall. Levi was the only kid to bring a vegetable each time (which he insisted upon the, other kids brought flowers). Here he is planting his spring tomato next to his cabbage from the fall.


I was also told that he loved to dress up and role play...

 Levi talked often about "the loft" where they could read, and play with new dress up stuff each week

A farmer brought some of her animals to the school one day and all the kids got to ride a horse!

 Levi had three friends that he talked about regularly...Jentry (painting) Hunter (reading) and Evan (camping)


 What a fun year! Can't wait to see what all he does and learns next year!!

No comments: