Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hawken Dalane

Levi loves to sing and I catch him several times a day singing and humming to himself. Recently, Levi wrote his first song :). Well, he has actually been singing "Levi originals" and other songs since he was about 15 months old, but this is the first time he has come up with lyrics and repeatedly sung them to the same made up tune with similar words. He named his song "Hawken Dalane." It is about "a little small boy" who is usually talking about birds, and likes to say Halleluiah! He sang this song for the first time about 2 months ago, and has sung several similar versions daily ever since. He has even serenaded our entire small group with his song during our time of praise. He was so enthusiastic and adamant about the song that a lot of the people at small group that night actually joined him in singing :) It was a sweet and hilarious moment! Philip and I (along with his Bible class teachers and preschool teacher) have been trying to figure out what song he was singing and what tune he was following for a long time. We all eventually came to the conclusion that "Hawken Dalane" is a Levi original. I finally captured this song on video (it was actually longer, I had to edit it to be able to post it here). Enjoy!


2 comments:

Collin and Marisa said...

That is so cute! I love his song. It sounds like a country song to me. He might be the next biggest star. :) Caden makes up songs too but his are usually about balloons and popping them. That's a great idea to record Levi singing. I may have to do the same. Love it!

Dustin & Kate said...

Levi, that was awesome! I think you are a future super star!
I was watching this video by myself, and Asher came running from the other side of the house shouting, "Levi!" very excitedly. I was amazed that he recognized Levi's voice so easily! He must adore his big cousin :)