Thursday, June 27, 2013

Feeling Blessed!

Growing up in a family with four kids I have always wanted a "large" family. Through my experiences in life and work I have become aware of what a blessing it is to be able to have several healthy children. Many families struggle to become pregnant, carry to term and have healthy children. So, when Philip and I found out about three weeks ago that I am expecting Boyer baby #3 we were very humbled, excited and nervous. Tuesday I had my first appointment with my midwife. I must say, it is wonderful to be cared for by friends and co-workers while pregnant! It is such a reassuring feeling to have people who you know love you with you every step of the way. On top of that, I get a little special treatment, which is sometimes awkward, yet wonderful.

So, at my first appointment everyone in the office was so excited to see me and I got lots of hugs and congratulations.{I love my midwife, Tania, and all the other midwives in the group, as well as the office staff. If you are looking for women's health care and live in my area I highly recommend them!} I was also able to get a very early sonogram, and took home several pictures of our newest member of the family. Here is my favorite from the bunch. I love how you can see the beginnings of the amniotic sac (the little white ring around our little blobby looking baby) and the placenta (the small white circle to the right of the baby).



Every thing looked perfect and baby had a strong heart beat (you could even see the little chambers moving!), was measuring perfectly for my estimated due date, and you could even see the beginnings of those sweet little arms and legs. It was an overwhelmingly amazing experience to see yet another beautiful baby growing inside of me. What a miracle!

Although it was wonderful seeing and loving a third tiny baby inside my womb, this pregnancy has been so different and more difficult so far. I have been very tired (which is nothing new), but the nausea this time has been a new level from what it was with each boy. I'm not sure if it is because this is the first time I have ever been early pregnant in the lovely Texas summer heat, or if it is running after two very busy little boys, but the waves of nausea are much more frequent and longer lasting than before. Up until I hit week 6 I was feeling pretty good with only occasional fatigue or nausea. These last 2 weeks have been another story. I have some nausea in the morning, but my toughest part of the day has been in the afternoon and evening. Around 3 or 4 each day I feel very yucky, especially if I don't have a snack. I am struggling to eat dinner, and spending a lot of time sipping water on the couch once Philip gets home. Enough complaining...I know there are people who have much worse pregnancy related symptoms and who spend a lot of time in the bathroom, so I am glad that it is not all day nausea and that I am not throwing up. I also appreciate what a gift from God this baby is and how many people are praying for such a gift every day. It's just different (and I'm trying not to see pink due to this difference!)

All that aside, I am feeling so blessed and excited about baby number three joining our family! My official due date is February 8, 2014. It feels so far away, but I know it will be here faster than I can even imagine. I can't wait to check in on baby with the sonogram machine at work and find out whether Levi and Joel will have a baby brother or sister. I should be able to tell sometime in the next 10 weeks :). As always, being pregnant also comes with a lot of worry, so I am asking for your prayers for me, baby and our family as we enter into this time of transition and growth. Prayers for peace, faith, trust and health for baby and I. I'm so excited to share our wonderful news, thank you for bearing with my long post!

6 comments:

Dustin & Kate said...

So happy for you guys and excited to have another adorable niece or nephew on the way! I'm sorry you're feeling worse this time around. I think third pregnancies just take a worse toll on our poor, worn out bodies! Hang in there! XO.

Amanda and Brian said...

Yeah! I had been wondering when I would see a post like this from you! So excited for you guys, and sorry you aren't feeling well. I agree wih Kate, my 3rd pregnancy has been the toughest, and I don't think having two wildly energetic little ones help! It gets better. Try to get some rest, even if it means extreme measures. Luke still watches the iPad during Audrey's nap time with headphones, so I can "rest" a little next to him. :) congrats Boyers!

Joel and Sara said...

Yes! Each pregnancy is harder:) Congrats...I just know it is a girl:)!

Joel and Sara said...

That first one was supposed to be a frowny face...

Collin and Marisa said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! This is the first time we've been pregnant at the same time since we were pregnant with our first boys. Praying everything turns out great!!

jennie said...

So happy for you!!