Last week a big cold front came through our area, which resulted in some very chilly days and lots of freezing precipitation. On Sunday night into Monday morning we got quite a bit of sleet and freezing rain which caused the roads to be very slick. School ended up being canceled much to Levi's delight. We enjoyed lots of time snuggling, watching movies and roasting marshmallows after dinner. We played lots of games, enjoyed our legos, play-dough and kinetic sand. Colored, painted, and made collages with paper and played video games on the kindle. However, the ice wasn't all that much fun to play with, and we were running out of indoor activities, so by Tuesday evening we were all ready for the ice to melt and to get back to our normal routine. Thankfully, it warmed up enough to melt the ice and Wednesday we were back to school and driving.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Wednesday and Thursday remained cold and on Friday morning, as we were driving to school, beautiful fluffy snow flakes started to fall. Levi was so excited and pretty bummed to be heading to school instead of staying home to play. Luckily, the snow continued to fall until about 5pm and we got about 3 inches of snow! It was so pretty and so much more fun to play in than the ice from earlier in the week. Unfortunately, I ended up having fever Friday afternoon and was feeling pretty crummy Friday evening and all day Saturday. Philip spent some time playing with the boys in the snow, and they had a blast! The only dissapointment was that the snow was so powdery that it wouldn't stick together to make a snow man. However, on Saturday it was a little wetter and the boys helped make a family of tiny snow men complete with berry eyes, stick arms and grass mouths. I wish I had been feeling up to playing more, but I couldn't resist going out for a few minutes to snap some pictures of my cuties in the snow during one of Nate's naps.
.JPG)
.JPG) |
| lots of bunny prints were discovered :) |
.JPG) |
| Running around the tree listening the crunching snow |
.JPG) |
| Joel loved slipping on the icy driveway, even though he fell often |
.JPG) |
| L to R: Philip, Me, Nathan, Levi, Joel :) |
After a week of "real" winter weather I can say I am so thankful to live where snow and ice are rare. I don't think I am cut out for the needed bundling, cleaning, and work that comes with the fun of playing and living in the snow. Major kudos to the moms who live up North and keep their kids entertained, fed and warm during the cold frozen winter! I'm ready for spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment