Joel had an egg hunt and party at his preschool, I have no pictures, but he had a lot of fun and really loves his classmates and teachers. It's so sweet! On the Saturday before Easter while Nathan was napping, the big boys, Philip and I dyed eggs and it was perhaps our most enjoyable egg dying yet. The comments and excitement from Levi and Joel were precious! After dying eggs the boys and I made cookie dough and cut out and baked some bunny, egg and chick shaped cookies. That night after they went to bed I decorated them by myself (so fun!).
On Easter Sunday the boys woke up early, as usual, and we checked out their Easter goodies! They were thrilled. Then we quickly got into our Easter duds, gobbled up some muffins and headed to early church. It was a lovely service and we enjoyed the special time of placing flowers on the cross to show how even in something as ugly as death, Christ can make something new and beautiful. The boys got to pet live bunnies in children's church (wigglers worship) which they thought was super fun! After church we headed home, changed clothes and had what we hoped would be a quick egg hunt. Unfortunately, Levi threw several huge, egg throwing, basket kicking fits, and ended up having to sit out most of the hunt. Nate and Joel had a blast though! After we recovered from the egg hunt we headed to my parents for a delicious meal, hike in the woods, smashing good time with cascarones and just general cousin and family fun. We finished off the day with a yummy dinner out with Papa, Nana D, Colton and Erika! It was a lovely Easter and I feel very blessed to be able to celebrate our risen Lord!



















No comments:
Post a Comment