Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Levi's first Easter was a good one! We kind of made a weekend of it. On Friday I dyed eggs during Levi's morning nap and had a lot of fun too!





Then we headed over to the butterfly exhibit as a family at the Ft Worth Botanical Gardens. Levi didn't even notice the butterflies at first, but once he did he thought they were pretty intriguing. We ran into Levi's sweet friend, and her Momma of course, which was a nice surprise! The exhibit was really neat. It was climate controlled with high humidity and lots of tropical plants and there were beautiful butterflies everywhere. Some of you may remember that as a girl I had a small obsession with butterflies! We spent nearly an hour just watching them fly around and land on us, flowers, leaves etc.







On Saturday I worked and Levi and Philip had their weekly father-son day. They had a fun day enjoying the nice weather. Of course they had to swing in the swing and they also got our veggie garden planted! Yipee, can't wait to see it grow and taste some tomatoes!!!

Then today we enjoyed a wonderful Easter service at church that started our 4 day "Resurrection Renewal" that will be every night Sun - Wed this week. I must say I just love Easter and taking time out to think about God's amazing sacrifice and how that gives us such wonderful hope! Plus it is always fun to get together with friends, sing great songs and enjoy all the cute kiddos in the Easter outfits!

After church we headed over to my parent's for the afternoon and had a delicious meal (my Momma sure does know how to set out a holiday spread...from food to decorations!) and then enjoyed spending time with the family. We also got to stop by and see Dustin and he is feeling much better, his enzyme levels are normal and he may be able to go home as soon as Tuesday!! Yipee!




We then headed back to church and enjoyed spending more time meditating on the resurrection and I'm so excited because for the FIRST time Levi only cried for 1 minute when I left him in the nursery and enjoyed playing and was happy and crawling all over when I picked him up! WaHoo!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

6 comments:

Amanda and Brian said...

That picture with Levi's hand reaching the butterfly is too cute! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I remember your "little obsession" =) Oh and look at him standing. He is so impressive!

Natalyia said...

Wow! I'm impressed with the eggs!! and you say you're not crafty? ;) those turned out really well! and i love that picture of levi's hand reaching the butterfly too! very sweet :)

Dustin & Kate said...

So many great pics in this post! Levi is so cute. :) And I too am very impressed with your eggs!

Jenae said...

Ok, in all of these pictures I feel like I am looking at a little Seth. Does anyone else see that?

Jocelyn said...

jenae...we actually broke out the photo album of seth at my parents on easter and we all agreed that he does seem to look a lot like seth...philip has always said that (even though everyone has always said he looks just like philip)

Lauren Valentine said...

My goodness he is soooo cute!! I know we swore we wouldn't make comments about he & Charlotte but my my, they would be quite the pair ; ) I love the overalls! It looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter!