Friday I hit the all important 28 week mark in my pregnancy. At this gestational age the baby has a much better statistical chance at survival without long term disability. I also have only 3 months left and am 3/4 of the way to being a mom of TWO little boys! I cannot imagine how it will be, but I am getting excited. I feel more prepared for a newborn this time around (although still a bit scared out of my mind...ha!) and we have a better understanding of how much we are going to love this little person (we sure do love Levi beyond belief!). I am starting to really want to have name for this little guy, especially so that Levi can learn his brother's name. I actually welcome suggestions, which I would usually resist, but we are just stuck! Levi has learned the word brother and will say baby brother (when he is in the mood) when you ask him who is in momma's belly. I am so happy that he is finally showing a little interest in my belly, even though I don't think he is going to understand any of it until the baby is a few days or weeks old. I can't wait to see how they interact and how their relationship grows. Lots of prayers about that :).
I was able to get some sono pics at work...L: right arm up by his sweet little face, R: profile
On Saturday our good friends were in town and they were able to stop by and stay Saturday night with us! It was a quick visit, but really fun! We love Cheryl, Joseph and Noah and were so glad to spend a little time with them! We went to college with them and Noah is almost exactly 1 year younger than Levi. Noah is such a sweet little guy and has the most beautiful (ahem...handsome) blue eyes. Levi did well with Noah and they were both interested in each other. Levi loved to point out Noah's features, with some constant reminders to be gentle. Thanks for making the time in your trip to stay with us and visit!!
As I mentioned in my last post, Levi has discovered that he is able to very easily climb out of his crib with little effort. We borrowed a bed rail from my parents and put it on his twin bed about a week ago. We have been talking about sleeping in his "Big Bed" since then and last night he made the big transition from crib to big boy bed! I must say it is a little strange for my little baby boy to be sleeping in a adult sized bed, but I am also very proud. I am sure I will feel this way over and over again at these types of milestones in his life. Getting him to calm down to sleep took quite a bit more time than usual because he was so excited to get to sleep in his "big bed" that it took 30 minutes, but he finally did settle down and ended up sleeping ALL NIGHT without getting up once. I am hoping and praying that this continues! I didn't think I would do naps in the big bed yet because he is not a good napper and I didn't want to battle him on staying bed, but he really wanted to sleep there, so I gave in and to my surprise he slept for 1 hour (about his normal nap length) in his bed without waking up or getting out! Yipee!!!
can you see the excitement?!
5 comments:
Way to go, Levi!! You're such a big boy!
Hope night #2 in the big bed goes just as well as night #1!!!
You look great! Cant believe he is in a big bed. I am so scared of that transition,but I have noticed him trying to climb out. Glad to hear it went well!
Love this post! I also love the belly pic in front of the fire place...with the pics in the background it's like the evolution of the Boyers (engagement pic, wedding pic, little levi and then you with #2 on the way). What a sweet family!
Love you all!
Wow! What a busy week for your family : ) I am sure you & Cheryl had a blast with your boys! Congrats to Levi on staying in his bed. I don't feel so intimidated now as I consider the big girl bed!
Jocelyn, you look beautiful! You are such an awesome mom and are going to do great with two.
Congrats on Levi sleeping in his new BIG bed! WOW!
Post a Comment