Levi helped his Moe and Pop make a cute snow woman during one of the pre-funeral events.
Bath time with the cousins after the funeral
With all the stress and busyness of the past 2 weeks, we had a very nice relaxing Valentine's Day yesterday. Levi slept until 9am (miracle!) so I was feeling well rested for the first time in a long time. I made Levi a fun heart day breakfast (something my Mom always did growing up that I have fond memories of). We had pancakes with almonds, bran, whole wheat flour, oatmeal and strawberries in the batter. They were hearty and super yummy and Levi LOVED them!
Levi even helped flip the "an-tates" and had so much fun "helping"
one happy pancake eating boy!
Levi also learned how to escape from his crib and has gotten himself out every time since (but so far this has not interrupted his sleep...phew). So we will likely be making the switch to the big boy bed soon. We have been talking about it a bunch, because I saw this coming and he already has a twin bed in his room.
After nap we had a strawberry cupcake for snack and then headed to the park for some fun in this wonderful weather and Levi ran around like a mad man climbing on everything in site! Philip got home shortly after we got home from the park and we dropped Levi at the free babysitting at our church (provided by the singles group! woo hoo!) and went out to a nice Italian dinner with frozen custard for dessert. Yum!
It was a wonderful day and I am so glad to be getting back to the "normal" routine of life. I know Philip is too. Levi however has been asking all the time where Daddy is and saying "Daddy at work??" after having him with us for a whole week.
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Valentines Day! That's so neat that your church's singles group provides free child care so that y'all could go out! All the pics of Levi are precious, as always :)
I love you guys so so much!
levi is as edible as ever.
Glad you had a great Vday :)
Post a Comment