Thursday, August 25, 2011

One Mean Bug!

Yesterday morning Levi woke up with a very swollen right foot (and also a swollen right pinky finger). There was a small pustule on the top of his foot. I called and talked to the doctor and we are just to watch and make sure it gets better in 2 days and can give him benadryl, ibuprofen or lotion to help with symptoms. He says bug bites can cause quite extreme localized reactions in kids. I guess Levi is one of those examples! This morning it isn't any better. I'm hoping the swelling will go down soon because, even though it doesn't seem to be slowing my busy boy down much, I can tell it is bothering him. When I get close to it he says "don't touch my doot, bug bite!" Poor little man :(


***UPDATE - 8/30/11 I've had a few people ask about how Levi's foot is doing now. It is better :) He has some itchy, dry, scabby skin on the top of his foot where it was all stretched out and oozing from the swelling, but it is not hurting him, and is not all puffy any more! Yipee :)***

HIVES! Levi broke out in Hives on 8/31 from more bug bites...I guess I need to be more vigilant with the bug spray and keeping a look out for mosquitos and ants. He seems to be quite allergic to bites :( Poor guy!

4 comments:

Amanda and Brian said...

Oh poor little guy! Luke has swollen up pretty bad from ant bites. Hope it gets better!

Dustin & Kate said...

Poor thing! His skin looks so tight and uncomfortable! Surely it'll get better soon! :(

Amanda and Brian said...

what is your email again? Mine is amanda_gahan@hotmail.com if you want me to email you those pics.

Taylor said...

Is his sad little foot better now??