Recently Levi has become obsessed with "helping." He especially loves to help me when I cook and Philip when he is doing work in the garage. Any time I start to do anything in the kitchen he runs to get our step stool which he calls "my step" and drags it to where I am saying, "I got my steeeep! I help you Momma!" By far his favorite things to help with are to make banana bread or hummus. However he enjoys any type of cooking or cleaning in the kitchen.
 |
| helping Daddy work on his trailer |
At first it was a little exhausting, but now that I have the swing of things it actually makes things easier when he is helping (kept distracted with a task). I can give him the job of mashing the bananas and while he is busy doing that I can get the rest of the batter made. If he is helping with the dishes I can have him hand me each dirty dish. Levi also loves to put away the silverware (and does a great job!) and I can usually get all the other clean dishes put away while he is sorting the spoons and forks. He looks so proud after completing a task and loves to get a big hug and a high five for a job well done. Of course there are some mishaps along the way (climbing up to the sink to help and then turning on the water and grabbing the sprayer getting water EVERYWHERE for example!) but in general I love having him as my little worker bee :)
 |
| mashin the nanas |
 |
| so please to have nana bread in the oven :) |
 |
| checking to see if it's ready |
So far his only daily chores are to put his toys away before nap and again before bed, to clean off his plate into the trash and then put it in the sink after eating and to put his dirty clothes in his hamper. He THRIVES on having tasks and getting them accomplished! I am trying to think of more little things he can do to encourage this positive behavior and build up his self esteem.
No comments:
Post a Comment