Sunday, June 17, 2012

VBS

Levi attended Vacation Bible School for the first time last week. I was a little nervous about how he would do because it was Sunday - Thursday from 6:30 - 9pm and he usually goes to bed at 8pm and you have to be 3 to attend (they made an exception so that I would be able to help staff the event). Philip stayed home with Joel each night and had fun playing with just his baby and putting him to bed each night.


Thankfully, Levi loved VBS, and still talks about it every day :) He was SUPER tired after the week was over and we did have a few extra meltdowns during the day and some longer afternoon naps, but I would say it was a good decision to let him go. The theme was "Soak up the Son" and therefore all the decor, games et were beach/water themed. This made for a happy boy, especitally on the last night when they had a water party complete with a huge blow-up slide. The cookies and "yellow-maid," aka lemonade, each night were of course a huge treat too!

Each night he was a chatter bug the whole way home telling me all about what he learned. I was amazed at how much he remembered. My favorite was when he told me they learned about how "dare-wee-us was a mean king and he throw them in the fur-niss! God the real king. He nice. He likes me." They learned about 4 different promises of God "He saves us", "He loves us", "He heals us" and "He cares for us." Each night he would recite the new promise he had learned. Levi loves church and requests to go to church often. It makes my heart so happy to see him excited about learning about Jesus and loving his church family. I'm looking forward to many more VBS weeks to come and am so glad I decided to have him go this year.


No comments: