Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Curious George Party!

Levi will turn 3 on Monday, or "Lie 23rd" as he would say, so we celebrated today with a Curious George themed birthday party. We kept it small and had a kiddie pool with slide, water balloons and sprinklers. Levi loves anything involving water, so he had a blast. Thank you to everyone who came and showed love to our special little guy!



Curious George books, and the PBS cartoon are two of Levi's very most favorite things, so I did my best to make the party all out George. We had George decorations, George balloons, George paper goods and George cupcakes. Levi is also "chu-lock-let" obssesed, so I made chocolate, chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting and chocolate candy decorations topped off with chocolate ice cream. To stick with the George theme I made a mix of cupcakes with yellow hats, balloons and monkey faces. Joel even got him a big book full of classic Curious George books as his gift. Levi also chose the menu which included hot dogs with cheese, cheetos, grapes, bananas (for George of course!) and blue gatorade (Philip's sport drink of choice and Levi's new obsession).

The George Grub :)


George Balloons!


 "Happy Birthday Dear Levi" and some candle blowing cousin encouragement :)

 Why not have a monkey cupcake AND a balloon cupcake...it's your party!

 Time for presents! Every gift was perfect and will be enjoyed and loved!



I can't believe that my sweet little baby will be 3 years old in two short days...the toddler days are fully behind him and he is growing more and more into a young boy by the minute. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to be his mother and to be able to spend every day with him watching him grow, learn and develop into a very sweet, loving (and crazy energetic) little man.

4 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

Happy birthday Levi!!!!

Ali Schmid said...

What an adorable party!!! You are such a great mom and I know he felt super loved!

Amanda and Brian said...

Great job mom! Love the cupcakes, what a cute idea!

Jenae said...

Super cute party!!