After a late night on the 3rd we decided to have a very laid back 4th. We stayed home all day and enjoyed having Daddy home to play. I cooked up a big breakfast to start the day and the boys were extra silly and excited to have us all eating breakfast together. Levi said one of his very sweet and oh so entertaining prayers and then decided he wanted to eat with his "green eyes on" which Joel thought was hilarious. We spent the rest of the day playing around the house and relaxing. The boys took SUPER long naps to catch up from the previous night, which gave me a chance to catch up on some much needed cleaning and laundry (festive I know!). After naps Pop and Moe arrived and the relaxing continued :). We grilled some yummy venison backstrap and hog brautworst (very American if I do say so myself...we love our "free range, organic, naturally and locally harvested meat" in this house...ha!) and completed the meal with watermelon, broccoli and couscous with lentils. The meal was pretty great, but I think the cute 4th of July fruit kabobs Levi helped Moe make (complete with star marshmallow on the end) were the biggest hit! You can always count on Moe to be have cute and creative ideas!
Once we were full to the brim with our festive food we headed out back and the boys played in the sprinklers for a bit before bath time. After the boys were in bed and it was time for the local fireworks the 4 adults climbed up on the roof to watch the show. We had a pretty good view and with the breeze we didn't even break a sweat.
All and all I would say it was one of my all-time favorite 4th of July holidays. I love our country and am proud to be an American. Things seem more uncertain these days and we have been praying for our leaders often. May God Bless America and may we fully appreciate the freedoms we have.
1 comment:
FUN! I saw that Kaboom town thing in the newspaper! I think I want to go next year! You will have to give me all the details!
Glad you had fun! See you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment